- Learn the endovenous microwave ablation technique (EMWA) to effectively treat truncal veins and incompetent perforating veins under tumescent anaesthesia without the need for any eye protection.
Learn the endovenous microwave ablation technique (EMWA) to effectively treat truncal veins and incompetent perforating veins under tumescent anaesthesia without the need for any eye protection.
Course is suitable for:
Suitable for consultant surgeon/radiologists wishing to enhance their venous surgical offering; surgical/radiological trainees who are already operating and wish to develop an interest in endovenous surgery.
Course timetable and course dates available:
Course dates available:
- Friday 7th – 8th February 2020
- Friday 28th – 29th February 2020
- Friday 27th – 28th March 2020
- Friday 3rd – 4th April 2020
- Friday 24th – 25th April 2020
- Friday 26th – 27th June 2020
- Friday 14th – 15th August 2020
- Friday 4th – 5th September 2020
- Friday 18th – 19th September 2020
- Friday 2nd – 3rd October 2020
- Friday 23rd – 24th October 2020
- Friday 30th – 31st October 2020
- Friday 13th – 14th November 2020
- Friday 27th – 28th November 2020
- Friday 11th – 12th December 2020
- Friday evening:
18:00- 20:00 talks on the background, physics, technique, patient selection, advantages of endovenous microwave ablation.
20:30 course dinner and opportunity to ask questions in more relaxed surroundings
- Saturday morning:
08:00 Onwards – patients with varicose veins or superficial venous reflux treated with endovenous microwave ablation (EMWA) truncal veins and perforating veins using TRLOP technique.
Course location: The Whiteley Clinic, 1 Stirling House, Stirling Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7RF.
- Understand the science behind endovenous microwave ablation and how this differs from radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation and non-tumescent methods.
- Understand patient selection for endovenous microwave
- Understand different settings used for endovenous microwave ablation in different patients and different size veins
- Learn how to control the endovenous microwave machine and calculate energy passage
- College of Phlebology certification for course attendance
- CPD certification for course
Refreshments and dinner during the course will be provided. Please advise if you have any special dietary requirements.
We are happy to recommend hotels in the local area should you need some assistance when booking your accommodation.
If you would like to extend the training course with Professor Mark Whiteley, please advise the team at the time of booking so the course price can be adjusted accordingly.
Please note full payment is required at the time of booking to secure your training place.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com