- 6 weeks fellowship in all aspects of endovenous surgery for leg and pelvic venous reflux diseases held at The Whiteley Clinic team in London and Guildford.
- Fellows will observe and then perform duplex ultrasonography of leg veins, endovenous laser, endovenous microwave, HIFU/Echotherapy, TRLOP, phlebectomy, ultrasound guided foam sclerotherapy and microsclerotherapy. Pelvic vein duplex and pelvic vein embolisation can be included for doctors with relevant qualifications and interests.
- Successful fellows will be awarded the FCPhleb qualification (Fellow of the College of Phlebology).
Fellows will join the team at The Whiteley Clinic in London and Guildford for a total of 6 weeks – which can be broken up into blocks of 3 weeks or 2 weeks at a time if required.
Fellows will observe and then perform consultations, duplex ultrasonography of leg veins, endovenous laser, endovenous microwave, HIFU / Echotherapy, TRLOP for incompetent perforating veins, phlebectomy, ultrasound guided foam sclerotherapy and microsclerotherapy. All fellows will observe transvaginal duplex for pelvic vein reflux and compression using the Holdstock Protocol and pelvic vein embolisation. If Fellows hold the relevant qualifications, will perform transvaginal duplex and pelvic vein embolisation.
Fellows will have first-hand experience of the day-to-day running of an internationally recognised vein unit with the opportunity to discuss patients, rationale for treatment, treatment pathways and latest techniques with the consultants and vascular technologists at The Whiteley Clinic.
Suitable for consultant surgeons/radiologists wishing to start or enhance a venous practice, or trainees nearing completion of training who have an interest in phlebology.
FCPhleb – The FCPhleb qualification will be awarded to all doctors completing the qualification. A certificate will be awarded, and all fellows will be listed on the College of Phlebology website.
Course dates available:
Fellowships are ongoing throughout the year and can be broken into blocks of 3 or 2 weeks. Please contact us to discuss your requirements
Fellowships run for 6 weeks in total. These 6 weeks can be consecutive, of broken up into blocks of 3 weeks or 2 weeks at a time. Fellows may wish to also be included in a research project during their time at the clinic.
Course location: The Whiteley Clinic London and The Whiteley Clinic Guildford
• Gain a deep insight into endovenous surgery for superficial venous disease and pelvic venous reflux.
• Understand the patient pathway and how this is influenced by research findings.
• Understand decision-making in individual patients by using the duplex ultrasound and other diagnostic techniques.
• Gain an understanding of the haemodynamic and biological reasoning behind the Whiteley Protocol.
• Observe and perform under expert supervision, the latest techniques for endovenous surgery at first hand
• Have regular tutorials conversations with experts from The Whiteley Clinic.
• Have the opportunity to join in current research projects being undertaken at The Whiteley Clinic for presentation and publication.
• FCPhleb certification from The College of Phlebology for successful fellows.
• CPD certification for course.
Cost: £15 000
We are happy to recommend hotels in the local area should you need some assistance when booking your accommodation.
Please note full payment is required at the time of booking to secure your training place.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org